Media Specialist – media monitoring, analysis & intelligence for a global consumer electronics brand
My client is one of the best known technology companies in the world, particularly in the areas of consumer electronics and online services.
It is seeking a talented media monitoring and intelligence specialist to support its European communications operation. This is a 12-month contract, and, whilst it can’t be guaranteed at this stage, there is potential for that to extend further, maybe even become permanent.
There are two critical factors for this role. The first is exceptional writing skills. The second is strong experience in, and a genuine passion for, working on news and current affairs. As such the role could suit someone currently in PR, or a journalist, or a researcher.
This is a global company that is in the news every single day. Consequently understanding what is being said in a fast moving news environment is crucial to how it works. This role represents a brilliant opportunity for someone to help lead the monitoring, assessment and evaluation of media coverage across all aspects of the business, from gritty stories relevant to corporate reputation, through to consumer brand stories and product launches.
In comparison to other large companies this business has a relatively small comms function, housing highly experienced comms practitioners. You will be one of three media specialists, acting as the eyes and ears for everyone in that comms team, and the analysis you provide will often help inform the most senior executives in the company. It’s therefore a role that comes with a lot of responsibility.
– a passion for news and current affairs
– a very high standard of written communications with an ability to work and write quickly and accurately under pressure.
– the ability to distill down often complex, fast moving scenarios, into concise reports and summaries on key stories, including incisive assessment and evaluation.
– a driven individual who is highly motivated. The role will involve working independently to deliver a high quality media monitoring function.
– a good understanding of all forms of news and communication channels, including the latest social and online platforms.
– experience of different European media markets, and languages, would be a bonus.