National Communications Manager – membership organisation championing the rural economy, environment and way of life
My client is a well respected membership organisation that exists to champion, protect and enhance the rural economy, environment and way of life. It is looking for a National Communications Manager to join its London-based external affairs team.
Working closely with, and managing, an energetic and passionate PR agency, you will be responsible for ensuring proactive and reactive comment on issues of national importance – including climate change, biodiversity, job creation, trade and economic prosperity. The organisation prides itself on leading the debate, and you will be at the heart of the action, coordinating messaging across its policy and regional teams to ensure accuracy and consistency, and helping the agency achieve its ambitious plans for high profile coverage.
Whilst experience in affairs relating to the countryside isn’t essential, at very least this person does need to show a genuine interest in it. Other key criteria include:
– excellent copywriting skills, able to turn content round quickly and accurately
– strong project management skills. Acting as the engine room, coordinating multiple stakeholders and parties
– an inherent understanding of what makes a good story
– strong media relations credentials
– the ability and confidence to communicate with a diverse range of individuals and organisations including journalists and members
The team are currently working on a three days in the office, two days at home basis.